Tuscan White Bean Soup
If you’re looking for a dairy-free soup with a vegan version option (use coconut oil instead of butter and vegetable stock in place of chicken), then you’ll love my Tuscan White Bean Soup. Rich in nutrients that support bone and teeth health, healthy mood and energy production, while reducing the risk for metabolic syndrome and diabetes and more, this soup will be a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 tbsp 30 ml butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 15 ml sunflower oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 cans 14 to 19 oz/398 to 540 mL white kidney beans
- 4 cups 1 L low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic halved
- 1/2 cup 125 ml coconut milk 125 mL
- Dulse powder or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and sunflower oil and heat until shimmering. Add shallots and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until softened. Add the thyme sprigs, beans and broth, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to simmering, add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until the garlic is softened. Let cool.
Add bean mixture, in batches, to the extra tall cup. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Turn the cup upside down and press and turn cup into the power base for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Remove the cup from the power base and twist off the extractor blade. Return mixture to the skillet. Add coconut milk and season with salt or dulse powder and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
- Serve with a bright green salad and roasted French bread slices. You can also sprinkle some dulse powder on before serving even if you used salt to season the soup
175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your NutriBullet will be available in Chapters and Indigo in Canada, and Barnes & Noble in the US, and will be available in Costco Canada too. Of course, you can also order it on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com today!!