With spring and summer just around the corner, who doesn’t like a cool refreshing beverage that tastes great? As a bonus, a great-tasting beverage that is healthy as well is just an awesome bonus.
Serve as a virgin cocktail before dinner or enjoy this refreshing drink anytime of the day. Packed with anti-inflammatory compounds, vitamin C and potassium, this smoothie does a body good; just one of the many amazing recipes from my book 175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your NutriBullet.
Sparkling Pineapple Mango Refresher
- 1 lime
- 1 cup 250 ml frozen mango chunks
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- Sparkling water
Use Tall Cup
Using a paring knife, cut 2 to 4 thin strips of zest from the lime. Set aside (discard the remaining zest or reserve for another use).
Squeeze lime juice into the tall cup and add mango, ice cubes and pineapple juice. Twist the extractor blade onto the cup to seal. Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
Pour into individual glasses and top with sparkling water. Garnish with lime peel.
OPTIONAL NUTRITION BOOST
- 1-1/2 tsp acai powder after the mango Tip
- Pour smoothie into ice pop molds and freeze until solid.
- You can grate zest from the remaining lime peel for later use before juicing. Place measured amounts of the zest in ice cube trays, cover with water and freeze until solid and for up to 3 months.
175 Best Superfood Blender Recipes Using Your NutriBullet will be available in Chapters and Indigo in Canada, and Barnes & Noble in the US, and will be available in Costco Canada too. Of course you can also order it on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com today!!