What can I say? I’m a little obsessed with lentils ever since I went on the lentil tour of Western Canada. By the way, you can get loads of great lentil recipes on the Lentils Canada website. This recipe is great because it uses one of my favourite cheeses – asiago!
Not only that, it’s super easy to make especially if you use canned lentils. Just rinse well for 1 minute and you’ll reduce the sodium by 50% or more. A perfect quick meal after a long day when time is tight and the last thing you want to is cook!
Asiago, Artichoke & Lentil Salad
- 19 oz can lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together lentils, onions, pepper, celery, artichokes, and cheese.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Add to lentil mixture and toss to coat vegetables.
- Serve immediately or can be covered and refrigerated for up to one day before serving.