Avocado chocolate pudding
Desserts are typically made with staples like eggs, butter, and cream to attain the creamy richness. Ingredients like that not only feels good in our mouths when we eat them, but that carry the intense flavours of the other ingredients, in this case, cacao powder.
This dessert will knock your socks off. It gets its fat and creaminess from avocado instead of butter and cream (not that there’s anything wrong with butter and cream), BUT with avocado, you’ll get lots of nutrition too.
Prebiotic rich foods
Prebiotic fibers, a.k.a. “prebiotics” are hot right now. That’s because they promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. Having a diverse number of good gut microbiota is good for your overall health and avocados are a good source of prebiotic fiber.
But that’s not all. Avocados will give this dessert a healthy dose of protein, fiber, lutein and beta-carotene to name a few.
This avocado chocolate pudding recipe will not let you down. It will impress like no other. Soooooo good. What are you waiting for? Make this dessert soon, you won’t be disappointed.
Raw Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 2 medium to large avocados
- 1/2 cup/125 ml almond milk
- 1/4 cup/63 ml water
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup/63-85 ml raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup/125 ml melted coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup/63-85 ml agave nectar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp/30 ml maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- If pudding is too thick, thin with a little water
- Distribute between small dishes such as ramekins