Liposomal vitamin B12 is a highly effective form of vitamin B12 (cobalamin).
Liposomes help to overcome barriers to absorption that can happen in your digestive system for many reasons including the normal decreased ability to absorb B12 as you age.
As a liposome encapsulated vitamin, this form of B12 effectively overcomes absorption issues seen with traditional vitamin B12 supplements.
What does vitamin B12 do?
This is the supplement of choice for anyone wishing to maintain healthy energy levels, brainpower, and nerve function. Vitamin B12, folate, and vitamin B6 are involved in homocysteine metabolism. If you don’t have enough vitamin B12, homocysteine levels can rise due to inadequate function of methionine synthase (1). Elevated homocysteine drives inflammation and elevated homocysteine is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
Results from several randomized controlled trials indicate that combinations of vitamin B12 and a folic acid supplement, with or without vitamin B6, decrease homocysteine levels in people with vascular disease or diabetes and in young adult women (2).
Groups at risk for vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Older adults
- Individuals with pernicious anemia
- People with gastrointestinal disorders
- Crohn’s, colitis, Celiac disease
- Those who’ve had gastrointestinal surgery
- Vegetarians & vegans
- Pregnant & lactating women who follow strict vegetarian diets and their infants
- Those who regularly consume alcohol
What is vitamin B12 good for?
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Cancer risk reduction
- Lower rates of neural tube defects
- Reduced risk for cognitive decline, dementia, and Alzheimer’s
- Reduced risk for depression
- Lower risk for osteoporosis
What does vitamin B12 do?*
- Helps to form red blood cells
- Helps in the normal function of the immune system
- Helps in energy metabolism in the body
- Helps to maintain healthy metabolism
- Helps to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency
- Helps to maintain the body’s ability to metabolize nutrients
*Health Canada approved health claims
Directions for Use
As a dietary supplement take one packet 1 time per day, or as directed by a health care practitioner. For best results, snip or tear the notched end off the packet, squeeze into one or more ounces of your favorite cool beverage, swirl and shoot it back!. It will enter the bloodstream faster if you take it on an empty stomach and wait at least 15 minutes before eating. It will be absorbed slower when taken with food or after a meal.
We do not recommend mixing any of the products in hot beverages, because this could damage the liposomes. We also do not recommend blending any of our products in a food processor or blender.
Refrigerate for maximum effectiveness. Do not freeze or place in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. It becomes unstable when an individual liposomal vitamin B12 packet is opened. We do not recommend storing partially used packets of the liposomal vitamin B12 for later use.
Approved for sale in Canada by the Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate of Health Canada.
Natural Product Number (NPN) 80084522