Muffins, when made with quality ingredients, are a great option for breakfast on the go. If you use a muffin tin with smaller cups, like 24 per pan, you can make bite size mini muffins that can accompany a meal like chili or soup, or as a perfect sized snack.
These muffins taste like old-fashioned gingerbread – simply delicious. Molasses are an excellent source of calcium, potassium & magnesium.
- 1/2 cup 125ml avocado oil
- 1/4 cup 62ml brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 62ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 250ml molasses
- 3 cups 750ml all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp 7.5ml baking soda
- 1 tsp 5ml cinnamon
- 1 tsp 5ml ginger
- 1/2 tsp 2.5ml cloves
- 1/2 tsp 2.5ml salt
- 1 cup 250ml hot water
- In a large beater bowl, cream oil & sugars.
- Add egg and molasses. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with hot water.
- Fill muffin cups and bake
Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
Source: Muffins. A cookbook. Joan Bidinosti & Marily Wearring.
Photo credit: wynk