Chocolate mint is one of my favourite flavours. Mint chip ice cream anybody? Yum. This smoothie is lower in calories because it calls for unsweetened almond beverage; that way you can adjust the sweetness to your personal preference.
It’s loaded with protein, potassium and has a decent amount of artery-loving cacao polyphenols; powerful compounds that also help to lower blood pressure by increasing the production of nitric oxide which helps blood vessels to relax and dilate.
Chocolate Mint Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened chocolate almond beverage or your milk of choice
- 1/3 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 scoop of natural chocolate protein powder whey or vegan
- 1/2 small avocado to thicken [pit & skin removed]
- 1/2 cup fresh mint or 1 drop of mint extract
- Vanilla extract optional
- Water to thin as desired
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired texture.
Photo credit: Marina