A club sandwich, also called a clubhouse sandwich, is a sandwich of bread (occasionally toasted), sliced cooked chicken, fried bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Some versions frequently have two layers which are separated by an additional slice of bread. This version has the added creaminess of sliced avocado.
You can add grated carrots or alfalfa sprouts too for some added crunch, or arugula for a little extra freshness.
Chicken Avocado Club Sandwich
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Dash Tabasco, chili or Sriracha sauce
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 slices whole-grain toast
- 1/3 lb cooked, skinless chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, fried
- 3/4 cup grated carrot or alfalfa sprouts optional
- 1 small bunch of arugula optional
Mix mayonnaise with cilantro
Toast bread in a toaster or toaster oven.
Spread 2 slices of toast with some of the mayonnaise. Add the bacon and tomato slices. Top with the chicken and onion slices. Sprinkle with a few dashes of either the Tabasco, chili or Sriracha sauce.
Add the sliced avocado, dividing it equally between both slices of toast. Layer on the grated carrot, alfalfa sprouts or arugula if using.
Press the sandwich down with your hand, slice in half and serve immediately.