Blueberries are a staple for me when it comes to my smoothies and protein shakes. During the late summer, it’s all about fresh, local blueberries when they’re in season in southern Ontario, in and around Toronto. This is the best time to get them as they are native to north eastern North America.
During the winter, it’s all about frozen blueberries. This makes making a smoothie like this hassle free!
Blueberry Almond Chia Flax Protein Shake
- 1 cup/250 ml blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup/125 ml almond milk
- 2-3 Tbsp/30-45 ml of almond butter
- 2 Tbsp/15-30 ml of ground flax seeds or whole chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp/15 ml honey
- 1 scoop of natural or vanilla protein powder
Put all ingredients into a blender
Blend until smooth, add water to thin to desired consistency